Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Extension to my extension of original extension to Building Consent Compliance

2015 and I have just applied for yet another extension. The depressing thing is that despite the time, energy and most importantly money begged, borrowed and....well I've drawn the line here, my brand new kitchen totally flooded in the rain that hit Dunedin last night. There's so much water I am no longer certain about where the entry point is and I'm afraid to go in because of possible electrical damage.

Despite what I have said in previous blogs, I need to retract every positive thing I ever said about the building contractor that did the work on my house. Every time I have someone in to work on the house, they point out yet another mistake cowboy Steve did. Oh I so wish I had chosen a master builder!


I am at the point where I literally don't know what to do next. I am so busy working to make enough money for the next 'repair' job that I don't have time to do the repair. It is a never ending cycle with no light at the end of the tunnel to guide me. It seems that now I will have to demolish the entire, brand new,  kitchen extension (thank you so much Steve, you're an arsehole) and begin again. If you are ever going to use this builder, please contact me first - I will happily fill you in on the vast extent of his incompetency. I have now invested so much money in this project that it is over capitalised and I will never recoup my investment. Should I just pack up and walk away?


What to do, what to do?


Apply to put kitchen in upstairs, then remove the extension and start again from scratch? Move the kitchen into the dining room instead? Where is just a tiny little bit of luck when you need it most!


Going to go read books about home renovations. Are there any out there written by middle aged, alternative lifestyle,  free spirited women with no money or building and renovating skills? I would so like to read your story.